With the safety of our entire community in mind, Little Silver Medicine has taken numerous steps, escalating by the day, to protect our patients and our colleagues from COVID-19.
These simple but effective steps include:
March 2020 | 2nd week – COVID-19 Protection Steps & Cancellation of all Elective Visits
- Cancelled all elective visits
- Eliminated our waiting area & having patients wait in their cars in the parking lot until the room is available
- COVID-19 screening tool used for all patient visits
- Monitoring patients at home and limiting office visits to assess whether a patient needs a higher level of care at the hospital.
- Touch-free trip from car to the office and back. Asking patients to not touch (without a tissue) the front door and any surface on the way to our office, walk straight through the open door to the exam room, where they are cared for with full precautions.
- The exam room and office entrance, including door-knobs, are scrubbed and disinfected with each patient visit.
March 2020 | 3rd week – Telemedicine introduced
- Telemedicine visits introduced to our patients
March 2020 | 4th week – Preparation for re-opening office for infants/toddlers
- In preparation for re-opening our office for infant & toddler immunizations and wellness visits, COVID-19 testing offered to staff members. Only staff members who test COVID-free will be caring for your child.
April 2020 | 1st week – Re-opening office for infant and toddler immunization and wellness visits
- We request only one parent be present for the child’s wellness visits. We request that you wear a mask during your visit to our office. If you have tested positive COVID-19 or have been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive, kindly inform our office staff before the visit.
May 2020 | 2nd week – FDA approved COVID testing for pregnant moms
For your baby’s safety we are offering FDA approved COVID testing for pregnant moms 3 weeks before their due date & upon discharge from hospital.
We will continue to update you on any additional changes we make.